The field of software test automation had evolved and changed so much over the last decade. With the proliferation of technologies such as Agile, DevOps, Continuous Development, mobile, and IoT, test automation become essential in every development and test lifecycle. Test professionals must meet the increasing challenges these technologies present.Objectives of Test Automation Certifications
Test automation certifications aim at achieving the following objectives:
- Help test automation personnel develop the skills necessary to perform all activities related to software test automation for any type of system.
- Help test automation personnel gain a better understanding of the broad range of test automation tools and techniques.
- Expand test automation beyond functional testing to include many other areas such as performance testing, load testing, test management, test automation support, and code level test automation.
- Provide test automation personnel with techniques and methods to design tests for automation.
- Help senior level test automation professionals develop skills beyond the Certified Software Test Automation Specialist level. These skills enables them to:
- Develop test automation architectures and frameworks for their organizations.
- Design database frameworks
- Make an informed decision regarding automation tool selection
To help test professionals receive the education they need to build and advance their career in test automation, the Advisory Board of the International Institute for Software Testing approved the Test Automation Body of Knowledge and two certifications.