The International Institute for Software Testing (IIST) is an educational and professional development organization that has been founded to meet the following goal:
To promote disciplined approaches to software testing and to caution against ad hoc testing by non-qualified individuals and groups.To Achieve this goal, IIST Operates to the following charter:
- To advance the software testing profession through education-based software testing certifications
- To provide free software testing training to help organizations with limited or no training budget.
- To create a pool of qualified software testing professionals to meet the needs of testing organizations.
- To provide assistance and guidance to organizations around the world in every aspect of testing of all types of software systems.
- To provide a framework for assessing organizational testing practices and procedures.
- To partner with different software quality groups around the world to assure continuity of information flow among testing professionals.
- To provide an open forum for discussing different testing issues.
- In order to follow its charter, IIST relies on the support and guidance from its Advisory Board which consists of authorities and practitioners in the field.