The CSTAS certification aims at achieving the following objectives:
- Help test automation personnel develop the skills necessary to perform all activities related to software test automation for any type of system.
- Help test automation personnel gain a better understanding of the broad range of test automation tools and techniques.
- Expand test automation beyond functional testing to include many other areas such as performance testing, load testing, test management, test automation support, and code level test automation.
- Provide test automation personnel with techniques and methods to design tests for automation.
Candidates must have achieved any basic certification in software testing or at least two year experience in software testing. Acceptable basic certifications are Certified Software Test Professional – Associate Level or higher and ISTQB Foundation Level or higher. You may achieve the IIST Certified Software Test Professional - Associate Level either online or at one of our public training events. Click here for detailsCSTAS Certification Requirements
Two requirements must be satisfied before the CSTAS certification can be granted. These are the Formal Education Requirements and Job Experience Requirements1. Formal Educational Requirements
Candidates must complete a course of study that consists of FOUR (4) days of training as follows:
- Three days of training to cover the following three areas of the Software Test Automation Body of Knowledge (STABOK):
- Area #1: Test Design for Automated Test Execution
- Area #2: Introduction to Test Automation
- Area #3: Scripting Methods and Techniques
- One day of training in any area related to test automation.
You may complete all courses online. Click here to see list of coursesWritten Exam:
Candidates are required to complete a written exam for each course and pass with a level of performance no less than 80%. For courses conducted by IIST, a candidate is allowed to retake the exam for a second time without having to attend the course again. There is a $100 fee for retakes. If 80% performance is not achieved on a second attempt, the candidate must retake the course or take another course covering the same BOK area. If the course failed was taken online you will get access to the online course and a retake exam for $100. If the course was taken on-site or at public training and is available online you can get access to both the online course and retake exam for half the original price of the online course. If the course is failed for a 3rd time and was taken online you will get access to the online course and a retake exam for half the original price of the online course.2. Job Experience Requirements:
In addition to the educational Requirement, a candidate must demonstrate knowledge of at least one commercially available functional test automation tool. This requirement shall be satisfied by submitting to IIST a statement signed by the candidate manager. If the candidate is self-employed or a consultant, the statement must be signed by a client of the candidate for whom the candidate has performed service using the specific tool. The statement shall indicate that the candidate has at least two years experience using the tool.Graduation:
Upon satisfying both formal education and job experience requirements, a candidate shall submit an application to the IIST Chairperson for the certification to be granted. Application for graduation can be submitted here. The application must be accompanied by payment of the $50 non- refundable graduation fee. This fee covers the cost associated with record-keeping and grading exams.