In addition to achieving all objectives listed under CSTP - Associate Level, CSTP - Practitioner Level aims at achieving the following objectives:
- Help test professionals analysis and evaluate requirements for testability and design tests based on requirements
- Help test professionals manage the different aspects of the test process
- Provide test professionals with ways to measure and control the testing process
- Help test professionals have better control over the test execution process
- Provide test professionals with best practices in bug reporting
- Help test professionals define testing activities as appropriate for the life cycle model utilized
- Help test professionals perform better test plans
- Individuals who hold an active - CSTP Associate Level Certification
- Individuals who hold an active CTFL or CSTE Certifications
- Completion of CSTP-Associate Level Formal Education Requirement or an active CFTL or CSTE certification
- Four days of training as follows:
- Three days of training to cover Area #3 (Managing the Test Process), #4 (Test Execution), and #5 (Requirement Analysis and Requirement-Based Testing) of the Test Professionals Body of Knowledge.
- One day elective, that may cover any of the above areas or other supporting areas.
Candidates are required to complete a written exam for each course and pass with a level of performance no less than 80%. For courses conducted by IIST, a candidate is allowed to retake the exam for a second time without having to attend the course again. There is a $100 fee for retakes. If 80% performance is not achieved on a second attempt, the candidate must retake the course or take another course covering the same BOK area. If the course failed was taken online you will get access to the online course and a retake exam for $100. If the course was taken on-site or at public training and is available online you can get access to both the online course and retake exam for half the original price of the online course. If the course is failed for a 3rd time and was taken online you will get access to the online course and a retake exam for half the original price of the online course.Job Experience Requirements:
At least one year in a software testing-related job. This requirement shall be met by means of a letter of support signed by the candidate's supervisor describing the candidate's specific role and responsibilities over a period of one year or more.Graduation:
Upon satisfying both formal education and job experience requirements, a candidate shall submit an application to the IIST Chairperson for the certification to be granted. Application forms can be obtained by contacting the IIST office. The application must be accompanied by payment of the $50 non- refundable graduation fee. This fee covers the cost associated with record-keeping, processing, grading exams, and the certificate that will be emailed to you in PDF format.CSTP Practitioner Level Re- Certification Requirements
The CSTP - Practitioner Level Certification will expire 3 years after it is granted. As a result, all CSTP - P Certified participants must complete the recertification requirements before that time. The re-certification requirements are three days of training to cover any topic in software testing within three years. Days of training may be used to satisfy the requirements of a higher level certification. All training requires attending an exam in each course and achieving 80% performance.